Surface Owner Program: Opportunity & Issues
This program focuses on the rights and opportunities that are available to the surface owner in unconventional shale plays in Texas and the United States. Under state law, the mineral owner or lessee is dominant to the surface owner in the exploration and production of oil and gas. However, surface owners have ownership rights that protect their interests and provide many opportunities to benefit financially from the production of oil, gas, and other hydrocarbons. The emerging renewable energy industry also provides opportunities for surface owners to benefit financially from their surface ownership.
Choose Your Location
David W. Wallace, J.D.
One Day Course: $550
Surface Owners: Opportunities & Issues
- Oil & Gas Company Rights to Use the Surface
- Surface Use and Damage Agreements
- Surface Royalties – Disposal Wells, Water Sales, and others
- Private Property & Trespass
- Eminent Domain & Condemnation
- Wind Leases
- Solar & Geothermal Leases
- Agritourism Liability Issues
- Fencing Laws
- Drone Law & Regulations